It is within us, as human beings, to create and establish a legacy that will transcend our own lives. I believe our Founding Fathers reflected upon this creation, these United States of America. I believe that these seemingly ordinary men, and women, breathed life into something that was unheard of: a nation founded upon individual liberty, rights, and sovereignty. They sought to establish a legacy that would transcend time, and their own lives, believing that each generation would pass on this ideal to the next and they would reflect back upon their wisdom, courage, discernment, and intellectual prowess. I seek to protect these gifts for my family and yours.
Rule of Law
Whenever I hear someone say that America is a democracy, I cringe. America is a Constitutional Republic, and the State of Texas began as a Republic. The foundation of a Republic is its rule of law, and we call that the Constitution. It is the Constitution of the United States of America to which I took an oath to support and defend, and likewise, I will do the same for the Texas Constitution. So, what does that mean as Governor of Texas?
As Governor of Texas:
- I will not usurp the enumerated powers of the legislative branch and rule over Texas by edict, mandate, order, and decree. I will never use any emergency as a means by which I expand the powers of the Executive. I will operate within the declared enumerated powers to the executive branch as articulated in the Texas constitution.
- I recognize that as an elected official, I do not have the enumerated power to declare any citizen of Texas, or business, as essential/non-essential. The most essential element of the Texas Republic is liberty.
- I will not allow cities in Texas to become tyrannical fiefdoms that undermine individual liberty.
- I will end the Texas Enterprise Fund. For a Governor to use Texas taxpayer dollars as a “slush fund” for corporate welfare programs is unspeakable. If corporations wish to come to Texas, they should do so because it is Texas, and our policies and principles stand above all others. It is the height of corporate/government cronyism to proliferate this practice which both Republican and Democrat Party platforms in Texas rebuke. These are funds that should go towards property tax reduction.
- To support the rule of law, we must have law and order. I pledge my full support to our Texas law enforcement agencies. I stand with the Thin Blue Line, but will not tolerate individual law enforcement officers who violate the trust Texas citizens have placed in them. As Governor, I will stand against Texas cities that implement policies to undermine our law enforcement agencies, such as defunding them.
Texas is not just a piece of land between Mexico, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. Texas is a sovereign state that shares a massive 1,200 mile border with a foreign nation. As Governor of Texas, I will strenuously defend the sovereignty of Texas and will never support an open borders policy. Such policies put the safety and security of Texans at risk. Such policies have resulted in Texas’ designation as the number one state in America for human and sex trafficking. Dallas and Houston are the top two cities in America for the same. Illegal immigration is a multi-headed hydra that undermines our national security, endangers our local communities, threatens our educational and healthcare systems, and supports the cartels . . .
It must be stopped.
As Governor of Texas:
- I will prepare, mobilize, and deploy the full strength of our Texas National Guard and Texas State Guard to conduct reconnaissance and surveillance missions along our border with the purpose to interdict the flow of persons and drugs along known infiltration routes. Simply building a wall is not a panacea; you must have boots on the ground and additional electronic surveillance measures.
- Designate Mexican cartels as transnational criminal and terrorist organizations, enabling us to freeze their financial assets here in Texas, and arrest anyone working with these cartels. We will crack down on real estate agencies that enable “stash houses.” The goal is to financially cripple these organizations, isolate them, and reduce their effectiveness.
- We will work with the Texas legislature to produce legislation enabling Texas to tax the remittances of illegal immigrants being sent back to foreign nations.
- If the federal government persists in the abdication of their constitutional duties and responsibilities to safeguard the sovereignty of Texas, we will establish a Texas Border Patrol agency with the powers to arrest, detain, and deport illegals from the State of Texas. We will use the funds seized from cartels and illegal immigrant remittances to fund this organization. If the federal government does not abide by the rule of law, Texas will.
- We will end the policy of in-state tuition fees for illegal immigrants, nor will there be any Texas taxpayer-funded benefits for illegal immigrants, especially given that we have homeless veterans in the Lone Star State.
I find it rather disconcerting, and disturbing, that the individual tax policy of Texas is based upon the planks of Karl Marx written in “The Communist Manifesto.” Yes, two of his planks called for a progressive tax system, meaning an individual’s income is taxed and increased as their income grows. Marx advocated for the end of private property. In Texas – as it stands now — we continue to face rising property taxes with the end result that Texans never actually own their homes. So much for the great American dream.
As Governor of Texas:
- I will review the past 20 years of Sunset Advisory Commission recommendations as a basis for reforming Texas State government. The savings we find can begin to offset and lower property taxes for Texans. We finally have spending control laws in place, but we need to get the growth of our government back within its prescribed constitutional roles and responsibilities.
- I believe the time has come for us to assess how we “off-ramp” from property taxes in Texas, enabling Texans to have their dream of owning their homes, their property. Before we went to a system of taxation based upon income in America, taxation was based upon consumption. There are those who refer to this as a Fair Tax. We will examine the feasibility of eliminating property taxes in Texas and replacing it with a consumption-based system of taxation. Let me reiterate, Texas will not have a state income tax under my watch, something that has been passed into law and made an amendment to our Constitution.
- All savings that we find in reducing the size and scope of the Texas government will go towards reducing the property tax burden, until we can replace that onerous and Marxist system of taxation in Texas.
Texas is blessed by God with energy resources that are unimaginable. Thanks to Texas, America was energy independent and able to produce, consume, and export those critical resources. Energy security is a critical aspect of our economic and national security. As well, it is an industry that provides an exceptional quality of life for all who work in that area, something we must protect. We cannot allow Texas to fall under the spell of the delusion called the Green New Deal.
As Governor of Texas:
- I will adamantly support our oil and gas industry. As well, I will work to resume environmentally safe, and energy-efficient coal-fired energy production plants in Texas. I will also endeavor to expand nuclear power plants in Texas. We are unique in that some 85 percent of the Lone Star State is on an independent Texas grid system. We must have a diversified energy distribution portfolio of reliable, safe, and dependable energy sources. We cannot depend upon renewables to have nearly 25 percent of our energy distribution system. We all experienced that failure in February 2021.
- I pledge to end Section 313 subsidies for renewable energy systems. If companies want to compete in the free market, then they can compete without taxpayer-funded subsidies. As well, we will reduce the energy distribution percentage upon which we rely on renewables, namely wind, 23 percent, so that we are never placed in a crisis again.
- Texas will implement a system of preventative maintenance checks and services for our existing energy power plants. We will conduct regular inspections to ensure they are being followed, and, if not, impose consequences. Texas will never again leave her citizens in the dark, particularly when we live in an energy abundant state.
- Texas will continue to seek out new markets for our oil and gas resources, enabling other countries a choice, rather than be held hostage to adversarial nations.
Protecting Texas Children and Families
I know that the wise and discerning King Solomon said in Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way that they should go, that when they grow old, they shall not depart from it.” And, I believe it was George Benson – before the chart-topping version by Whitney Houston — who sang the words, “I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way, show them all the beauty they possess inside.” Our children are our most prized example of what our legacy shall be. However, even here in Texas, there appears to be a war against our children. We must protect our children and teach them well, educate them, and not indoctrinate them with ideologies that are antithetical to Texas, and our foundation.
As Governor of Texas:
- I will fight to end the practice of murdering our unborn children in Texas as a means of birth control. This may anger some, but there are instances where neither you, nor I, nor the government should be involved when a woman has to make a very difficult choice. Those choices are when her body has been criminally violated, or when it is her life at stake. I am proud that we have passed the Heartbeat Bill into law in Texas. I am proud that we have so many Texas cities stepping up to be sanctuary cities for life, with Lubbock being the largest. Murdering our unborn children in Texas by the brutal means of dismemberment must end. For those who would charge taking a stand for life is somehow racist, note that the largest facility for murdering unborn babies in America is located in Houston: Planned Parenthood’s headquarters. Margaret Sanger was a white supremacist, racist, and referred to Blacks as “undesirables” and “human weeds.” Over 70 percent of Planned Parenthood clinics are in minority communities.
- We must end the practice of child gender modification in Texas. It is unconscionable that we are chemically and physically castrating our children in Texas and allowing them to have healthy tissue and body parts mutilated. We must stop the indoctrination of our children with this dangerous delusion and mental illness called gender dysphoria. One thing you can be assured of, I will never accept contributions from any hospital or clinic that is associated with gender reassignment surgeries, a growing industry in Texas . . . Approximately 16 new clinics have opened, and Planned Parenthood has extended its business plan to include this heinous practice of hormonal therapies, puberty blockers, and body part removal for our Texas children.
- I will put an end to sex-trafficking in Texas. That means we must go after, and harshly punish, those who are thriving off the sexual exploitation of our children. Some have estimated that it starts as early as the age of seven. We do not protect our children by allowing monsters to take away their innocence.
- I will support and get school choice passed in Texas. The door that opens up the equality of opportunity for our children is a quality education. I will not allow any child in Texas to be relegated to a failed school system. State control of education was one of Karl Marx’s planks in The Communist Manifesto. School choice is the civil rights issue of our time. Let’s stop putting the interests of the teacher’s unions over that of our Texas children.
- I support the traditional nuclear family: one man and one woman in the home raising their children. I was born in 1961 in a Blacks-only hospital in Atlanta Georgia, however, at that time, the two-parent household average, nationally, in the Black community, was well over 70 percent. Today that average is 24 percent. The progressive socialist left has taken aim against the traditional family and seeks its demise. We can see the ramifications in the killing fields of our inner cities: gangs, drugs, and violence. It was a Democrat, President Lyndon Johnson, who in his Great Society welfare programs, began the destruction of the Black family. The left wants to expand that decimation. In Texas, we will offer a resounding “No!”
Curtailing Foreign Influence
America has several declared adversaries, namely Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and Islamic jihadism, terrorists.
As Governor of Texas:
- I will not allow these adversaries to wield any influence in the Lone Star State.
- I will not allow former leadership in the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) or members of its military to purchase large tracts of land in Texas.
- I will push back against Confucian Institutes being established on our college and university campuses.
- I will not allow the companies with ties to the Communist Chinese Party (CCP) to operate in the State of Texas, namely ZTE and Huawei, among any others.
- I will not allow entities supporting Islamic jihadism to thrive in Texas. There will be no support for terrorist organizations such as Hamas, Hezbollah, ISIS, Al Qaeda, Islamic Jihad, or any others in Texas. Let us never forget that the largest Islamic terrorist funding case was here in Texas, the Holy Land Foundation.
Throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic, the people of our great state of Texas have witnessed their leaders completely overstep their boundaries to make collective health decisions, such as mask mandates and vaccination requirements, that should have been up to individuals in the first place. I believe each person is responsible for their own personal health and healthcare decisions and that our government should not dictate these private medical decisions.
As Governor of Texas:
- I will be banning the use of vaccine passports in Texas. It is amazing to me how the left continues to use the argument of “my body my choice” to justify the murdering of unborn babies in the womb, yet, somehow, they believe it is completely ethical to mandate experimental vaccines for a virus that has a 99.96 percent recovery rate. I believe that the choice of COVID-19 vaccination should be up to an individual.
- Texas will not experience another round of draconian laws like mask mandates or the forced closure of small businesses. I fought this when I added Executive Overreach as the RPT “Chairman’s Priority” and will continue to fight this as Governor.